Nokia Online Service Tool or Nokia OST Tool is a Windows PC software. Nokia Online Update Tool is a firmware flashing tool for Nokia Android devices that can flash stock firmware with .nb0 and .mlf extensions. You can download Nokia OST tool LA 6.0.4 and Nokia OST LA 6.1.2 with OST tool patch or crack file from below. You can install Nokia firmware to restore your phone to stock yourself.
Originally, the Nokia OST was developed by HMD Global. It’s meant to be used in the OEMs official service centers only. However, you can install the Online Service Tool (OST) and patch it using Nokia OST tool patch (crack) file. You can download Nokia OST tool LA 6.0.4 and Nokia OST LA 6.1.2 from below.
Nokia Online Service Tool is similar to Samsung’s Odin Tool and the LG Flash Tool. It’s available unofficially. If you use a Nokia device and have been getting any issues on it, you can fix it by installing the stock Nokia firmware and restoring it to stock. You can flash Marshmallow and Nougat firmware (.nb0) on your Nokia device using the Nokia OST LA 6.0.4. In case you want to install Android Oreo or Pie firmware, you should use the latest version of Nokia OST tool that is v6.1.2.
Since the Nokia Online Service Tool is used in official Nokia service centers only, only an authorized service center employee with a registered username and password can log in and use this utility. The good news is, there’s a patch available for the Nokia OST that makes it possible for an end user to use it and perform a firmware installation
In certain situations like boot loop, performance lag or slow performance, a frequent device overheating, the Online Service Tool (OST) can help you in bringing you Nokia phone to a normal state. Once you learn how to use the Nokia OST, you would no longer need to visit the service center to fix such technical issues.
Sometimes, the OEMs release software updates for a specific region. The users of Nokia phones in other parts of the world might have to wait for weeks and months to get that update. Thanks to the Nokia Online Service Tool, you can just download the latest software update file from a forum or third-party source and flash it manually! You can not only upgrade the software but can also downgrade the software version on your Nokia phone easily. Being able to restore your device to the stock firmware gives users the confidence to experiment.
Supported Nokia Phones
Nokia OST tool is compatible with all Nokia devices including:
- Nokia 8110 4G
- Nokia 1
- Nokia 1 Plus
- Nokia 2
- Nokia 2.1
- Nokia 3
- Nokia 3.1
- Nokia 3.1 Plus
- Nokia 3.2
- Nokia 4.2
- Nokia 5
- Nokia 5.1
- Nokia 5.1 Plus (Nokia X5)
- Nokia 6
- Nokia 6.1 (Nokia 6 2018 2nd Gen.)
- Nokia 6.1 Plus (Nokia X6)
- Nokia X71
- Nokia 7
- Nokia 7.1
- Nokia 7 Plus
- Nokia 8
- Nokia 8 Sirocco
- Nokia 8.1 (Nokia X7)
- Nokia 9 PureView
Things to Remember
- On some Nokia phone models, especially the MTK models, you can connect the device while it is turned off. However, on some models, you’ll need to connect the phone to PC via USB cable after booting the device into the Download Mode.
- In case you get Error Code 2203 in the OST after launching it, please make sure that you have patched the tool properly as directed below.
- If you encounter ‘SE_ERR_ADB_CMD_GET_FAIL_RESULT’, you need to unlock your Nokia phone’s bootloader before proceeding. Since the bootloader unlock command varies from model to model, you should google to find the right command for your model.
- While the non-patched Nokia OST tool requires an authorized after-sales account to login and an Internet connection to connect to Nokia servers, you can use the patched OST tool offline.
- Nokia OST tool can flash the firmware with .nb0 or .mlf extension only.
Nokia Online Service Tool and Patch File | Download
You can download the latest Nokia OST tool software and the patch or crack file from below. While the main online update tools linked below are official, the Nokia OST tool patch files have been developed by individual developers so that the tool doesn’t ask you to enter a username or password when you use it.
Nokia Online Service Tool (OST) 6.0.4
Download the 6.0.4 version with the Nokia OST tool crack file if you want to install Android 6 (Marshmallow) or 7 (Nougat) firmware.
Nokia Online Service Tool (OST) 6.1.2
Download the 6.1.2 version with the Nokia OST Tool crack file in case you want to flash Android Oero or Pie-based stock firmware.
The Nokia Online Update tool also contains the required Nokia USB drivers. It means that you do not need to download the USB drivers separately. Please note that the Nokia OST tool requires Microsoft .NET Framework and Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable installed on your Windows PC.
Download Nokia Firmware
Since the Nokia OST can download the firmware for your device, you’ll need to download the Nokia firmware for your phone model from 3rd-party sources like some forum or online firmware repository. We have listed a few websites below that provide Nokia stock firmware.
Don’t Miss: Decompile, Modify and Compile APK Files with APK Easy Tool
How to Install Nokia Online Service Tool (OST)
The Nokia Online Update Tool is just like any PC software that can be installed easily by executing the installer file with .exe extension. However, since we are going to patch the official Nokia OST tool, we’ve provided a short piece of installation instructions below. Keep in mind that you won’t be able to can use the online update tool without any issue unless you patch it.
- Download the Nokia Online Update Tool 6.1.2 .zip and Nokia OST LA 6.1.2.zip (patch file) from above. Even if you download the Online Update Tool 6.0.4 version, the instructions are the same for both.
- Extract the downloaded Zip files on your desktop using a Zip extractor like 7Zip, WinZip or PowerArchiver.
- Open the extracted folder ‘Nokia_OST_LA_6.1.2′ and double-click the ‘launcher.exe’ file.
- On the OST installer window, click the Next button to initiate the installation. When the Nokia OST tool is installed, click the Close button.
- Now we need to patch the Nokia Online Service Tool. To do so, open the ‘Nokia_Online_Update_Tool_6.1.2′ folder that you extracted earlier and copy ‘OnlineUpdateTool.exe’.
- Then navigate to C:Program Files (x86)OST LA directory and paste it there.
- Click ‘Replace the file in the destination’ option when prompted.
- You are just one step away from successfully patching the Nokia OST tool. In the OST LA folder, you’ll see a file named ‘OnlineUpdateTool.exe.config’. You need to delete it because this file tells the OST to prompt for a user name and password.
Having replaced the original ‘OnlineUpdateTool.exe’ with the patch file and deleting the ‘OnlineUpdateTool.exe.config’ file, you’re all set to use the Nokia OST Tool on your Windows PC.
Must Read: Download TWRP Backup and Restore Tool for PC
Install Firmware on Nokia Phones Using Nokia OST Tool
Flashing the stock firmware is an easy fix if you ever mess up. Here’s how to flash stock firmware on Nokia devices. If you need to restore your Nokia device to stock by flashing the stock firmware, you’ll need the appropriate firmware file. Once you have downloaded it, here’s how you can install the Nokia stock firmware with Nokia OST tool. Let’s get started…
- Since Nokia Online Service Tool (OST) does not create a desktop shortcut after installation, you will either need to create a shortcut manually to launch it easily or go to C:Program Files (x86)OST LA path and execute the ‘OnlineUpdateTool.exe’.
- When the program is launched you’ll see a welcome screen with a warning. Click the ‘Next’ button.
- On the next screen, you’ll be asked to connect your phone to the computer.
- Now, boot your Nokia device into the Download Mode:
- Turn off your Nokia smartphone.
- Connect your phone to the PC while it’s turned off and wait until it starts charging.
- Then, press and hold the Volume Down + Power keys at the same time.
- Keep both the hardware buttons pressed until your phone vibrates and you see a screen with Download Mode written on the top-left corner and ‘Powered byAndroid’ logo in the middle of your phone’s screen.
- When your device is connected properly with the Download Mode ON, the ‘Edit Phone Information’ button will be highlighted. Click this button and wait until you get ‘Failed to reboot to FTM mode’ error. Ignore the error and select ‘OK’. The ‘Next’ option button will now be enabled.
- Remember that the firmware you download will come archived as a Zip or Rar file. You are supposed to extract it to get the actual firmware file with .nb0 or .mlf extension. Just click the button with 3-dots (…) on the Nokia OST tool, navigate to the firmware image file and select it.
- Click the ‘Next’ button to trigger the firmware installation and wait patiently until the firmware installation is finished. The process will take a few minutes to complete and once it’s done, your phone will reboot automatically.
Done! You have successfully flash the stock firmware on your Nokia device using Nokia Online Service Tool (OST).
Read Next: Remotely Erase Android Phone Data without Internet