Google Chrome is undoubtedly one of the best browsers, both on Android as well as on the Windows platform. A major chunk for that could be attributed to the fact that it keeps on adding new features on a regular basis. Likewise, the regular updates that it receives further helps it score more than its counterpart on the stability front. Continuing this tradition, you could now send phone numbers from desktop to your mobile device using the Chrome browser.
This is mostly useful for the people who spend the majority of their time on a PC or desktop. Now you no longer need any other third-party apps like AirDroid for transferring the phone numbers over to your device. So, let us see how to send phone numbers via the Chrome browser. However, if you wish to send hyperlink URL across devices, have a look at how you can share webpages across devices using Google Chrome.
Send Phone Numbers from Desktop to Device via Chrome
This feature of sending phone numbers via Chrome is in beta stage and is currently available in the Canary version of Chrome. Moreover, being an experimental feature, you could only use the said feature by enabling certain flags. Flags are experimental features that in buried deep inside Chrome for developers and enthusiasts.
Before we begin the process, do keep in mind that this feature only works for hyperlinked phone numbers. Likewise, as far as prerequisites are concerned, you need to have the Chrome Canary version on your Android device as well as PC. Therefore, download them from the below links.
Not much storage space left on your device after installing Chrome Canary? Then try out 5 cool Zero MB games for Android
Steps to Send Hyperlinked Numbers
- First of all, download and install Chrome Canary on your Android device as well as on your Desktop.
- Log in to Chrome Canary with the same Google ID across both the devices.
- Now type in chrome://flags in the desktop version of Chrome.
- It will open a list of flags. In the search box, enter Click to Call. You will get two flags. These flags will be used to send phone numbers via Chrome.
Enable Click to call feature on the desktop when a phone number is selected. Enable Click to call features to be handled on desktop.
- Both of them would be having the Default criteria. Click on it and select Enabled.
- You will now be notified to restart your Chrome browser. Click on the Relaunch button.
- Now, as soon as you click on a hyperlinked phone number, Make a call from dialog box will appear at the top right.
- For the first time, you will have to sync this feature with your device. Therefore, click on the Pick an app option for the same.
- Next, select Google Chrome Canary from the list and click OK. This is because the process of sending phone numbers via Chrome is being carried out via the Canary browser only.
- Next, click on the same hyperlinked number. This time you will notice your device has been synced. In the “Make a call from” dialog box, click on your device’s name.
- Now, as soon as you do so, you will see a call logo along with the Sending text in Chrome’s Omni box (address bar).
- In this instance, you will receive a notification on your Android device. Tapping this notification will automatically copy the phone number over to the Dialer/Phone app. Just click on the call icon and you are good to go.
With that, we conclude the guide on how to send phone numbers from PC to device via Chrome. Although a pretty useful feature, but being only available for the Canary version do limit its usability. Until it makes its way over to the stable version of Chrome, not many would be able to extract maximum benefits out of it. What do you think about this feature? Do share your views down in the comments section below.
Read Next: Enable Dark Mode in Chrome for Desktop